Upcoming Workshop in Montreal-Canada
Line Manager & The Coach Approach: Rocket Your Performance and Help Others!
When: June 19, 2014 from 09:00 to 16:30
This one day training program provides Team Leaders, Managers, as well as Human Resources personnel the coaching skills they can use with their employees. Strong coaching skills are among the definitive traits of effective leadership, enabling team leaders, line managers and professionals to strengthen teams, sharpen performance, and increase employee engagement. This skills-based training program will support participants to become more coach-like by developing core coaching skills. A solid overview of coaching will provide effective coaching skills training with takeaways that can be applied immediately. Experience a range of interactive learning methods and approaches, observations and feedback including a collection of useful exercises to use in your organization. By participating in this program participants will be more equipped to have the tough conversations and support their employees in being more self-generative and motivated. It will allow you to rocket your performance and help others to rocket theirs as well.
- How to approach your problems with a high level of responsibility.
- The Responsibility Process.
- Coach Approach.
- Communication skills.
- Clarity skills.
- Value of creating a coaching culture
- Gain an understanding of the benefits of coaching in the workplace.
- How to act as informal coach without forgetting that you are the line manager.
- Ability to recognize and request a coaching conversation.
- Learn how to use a coach approach in the areas of performance, behaviors, relationships and beliefs.
- Identify your personal coaching style and learn how to adapt to other communication styles.
- How to clarify the decision procedure.
- Exercises to apply in your daily work the very next day
What is Unique?
- Assessments are used to create “self-awareness”.
- On-site session creates the synergy of team.
- At the end of this full day session, you will get your personal plan to improve your coach approach. This plan is the outcome of a few exercises and it is fully built for you.
- You will have the opportunity to master your skills with on-going calls. It will reinforce your learning and provide you with role-play opportunities.
- Everyone has fun!
Teaching, preparatory reading and in-class resources will be in English but conversation and group exercises can take place in any language that the participants agree on. I am happy to help with the translation for French and Spanish speakers.
To avoid the fees involved in cancelling an event, we’re using the “Reserve your spot for free” free tickets until we are sure we have enough people, and then you’ll be invited to register and pay.
Your price of $413 CAD ($350 + Tax) includes snacks, drinks, lunch and a non-refundable ticketing fee. (Note: Price could change depending organization expenses and sponsors. I am trying to get this event at the lowest price. As you may see, the price is going down. I am not expecting at all for it to go up in any case, but am expecting to maintain this price or maybe a little bit lower as soon as I get price confirmation of supplies that are needed to purchase for this event. That is another reason why I am using the pre-registration ticket first).
The cost also includes:
- 1 – 30-min group session online before the event. In that session:
- I really want to avoid lost time during our workshop day, so I want to be sure that people introduce themselves beforehand.
- I really want to prepare a workshop that you will really enjoy, so I will ask a few questions to build a very personalized workshop day.
- 2 group sessions online after the event (60 min each). In these sessions:
- I really want to help you in deploying what you will learn, so these sessions will help you to do a follow up and I will able to help you with the real challenge in your real work life.
- You will get to learn what others have as challenges and maybe, it will be very helpful for your situation.
I assume you are highly motivated, and that you enjoy interactive learning. I therefore, will ask you to do some assigned reading and writing before arriving for our one-day workshop (preview here), and during the event, so we can skim over the basics and get down to what’s really interesting: how to rocket your performance and help the performance of others. One form to complete will be sent to your email address in advance.
With the info in our first online session, I will design a day that meets the needs of the group. Topics will be covered in more or less depth depending on your level of interests.
Your Trainer and Facilitator
Omar Bermudez has +15 years’ professional experience and +6 years in leadership roles. He is an Agile practitioner and lover. Certified Scrum master. Agile Coach & Agile Leader. He believes it is important to be continually learning and growing. His dream is to be a lifelong learner; growing each day. He is also passionate about leadership development and seeing people reach their full potential. He is a firm believer in the benefits of using a coaching approach to leaders at all levels.
Today, he is playing the role of Scrum Master and Agile Coach at Seedbox Technologies. It allows him to lead teams, help the organization towards change, and works with people (another one of his passions also).